Bialetti’s Kitty espresso maker features a modern upscale design made of 18/10 stainless steel. Brew a nice cup of espresso with this Kitty espresso maker from Bialetti. With the exception of the heat-resistant bakelite handle, this stylish stove-top espresso maker is completely fabricated of stainless steel. The ergonomically designed handle has an extra wide reach, creating more distance between the body of the maker and your hand for safer handling while still allowing you to comfortably open and close the lid with the same hand. Suitable for use on gas, electric, and ceramic stove tops, it is even dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. Never use other contents besides coffee like teas, cacao powder, instant coffee or fine ground coffee as it will clog the filter plate. Bialetti is the world’s most recognized and beloved Italian coffee company. Bialetti coffee makers have become iconic and has allowed millions of consumers to enjoy great Italian coffee that once was only available in cafes and restaurants. Bialetti’s passion remains in making superb coffee simple. Makes 6 espresso cups, equaling approximately 12 fl. oz total.
How to make an espresso
- Fill the base with water to just below the level of the safety valve. Be careful not to overfill as the air in the space between the water and the coffee filter is what heats and forces the water up through the coffee. If the water tank is overfilled the result is boiled coffee, with a bitter or burnt taste.
- Insert the funnel.
- Loosely fill the funnel with espresso ground coffee, do not press coffee down.
- Screw the top section firmly to the base.
- Place the coffeemaker on a low to medium heat.
- When using on gas adjust the flame so that it does not extend up the side of the pot.
- It takes only 3 – 6 minutes, depending on the size of the coffeemaker and the intensity of heat, until it’s ready to serve.
- All Bialetti stovetop espresso makers are suitable for use on gas, electric and ceramic hobs. Venus is also suitable for induction.
Make sure this fitsby entering your model number.
Makes 6 espresso cups = appx 12 fl oz total
Stainless Steel Construction
Heat resistant and ergonomic bakelite handle with extra wide reach
Suitable for use on gas, electric and ceramic stove tops
Dishwasher safe parts